Our activated carbon technology provides the best solution for a variety of water purification applications.
Many industrial plants and municipal agencies use our activated carbon products in their water filtration systems.
Activated carbon is an efficient and cost-effective solution for removing a wide range of contaminants from industrial and municipal wastewater, contaminated ground and groundwater.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) considers adsorption by activated carbon to be the best available technology for the removal of many contaminants in surface water. Activated carbon aids in the removal of:
- Compounds that cause unwanted taste, odor or color
- Organic materials from decaying plants and other naturally-occurring contaminants
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs) linked to chlorine and alternative disinfectants
- Algal toxins and cyanotoxins, such as microcystin-LR, cylindrospermopsin and anatoxin-A
- Endocrine-disrupting compounds that can adversely affect hormonal systems
- Pharmaceutical and personal care products (PPCPs) contamination
- Heavy metals
Different types of activated carbon are suited for various specialized applications.
- Granulated activated carbon dechlorinates water, adsorbs organic material and produces a chemical-reducing environment
- Granulated activated carbon impregnated with silver salts inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Catalytic activated carbon removes chloramines from drinking water.
- Pelletized (or extruded) activated carbon effectively dechlorinates and removes chemicals.
- Powdered activated carbon is used to eliminate trace synthetic chemicals and taste and odor causing chemicals, and for chemical spills or algal blooms.
Process Water Treatment
Process water, used as part of industrial processing, includes both potable water, such as that added to juice drinks and consumed, and water such as wash water that is discarded or recycled. Our activated carbon is available in various forms, sizes, and impregnations to best meet many different process water needs.
Waste water includes highly-contaminated water from industrial processing, agricultural chemical use and landfill leachate as well as residential runoff. Wastewater treatment plants must purify the water to acceptable limits before releasing it into lakes, rivers or oceans.
We offer a variety of activated carbon formulations and equipment that target specific contaminants in many different proportions in wastewater including:
- Dissolved organic materials and micropollutants
- Heavy metals
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons
Drinking Water Treatment
Activated carbon adsorption is regarded as one of the best and most common treatment methods for removing impurities from drinking water both at municipal treatment works and in home filter systems.
Granular activated carbon can be used in a filter bed or media through which water passes or powdered activated carbon can be fed into the treatment train and removed along with other solids present from the water treatment.
Our carbon is used for numerous other water applications such as the manufacture of filter cartridges and reverse osmosis systems and in the production of highly-purified water for dialysis treatment.
Our products carry NSF-61 certification and are manufactured to AWWA standards
and are ISO 9001:2008 certified.
We offer free technical advice and lab testing to ensure that you get the right product for your project specifications.
Please contact our experts today.